Friday, January 26, 2018

Pictures for Jesus Loves You and So Do We!

As promised, pictures for our last blog post:


Blog Post Day 6

                      "Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him"
                                                                    Psalm 127:3

Before we left on our trip to India, the preschoolers from our Sunday School and our Child Development Center colored pictures for us to bring and share with families and children in India. They were meant to be a blessing that we were able to share with them to let them know how much Jesus does really love them.  But little did I know how blessed I would be by these pictures.




You see, each night we would gather back at the Moriah School for our evening meals.  We typically would have some home cooked meals, share our stories from the day, and then make our way back to our home to sleep.  We did this day in and day out with not a lot of change.  Then Tuesday happened.  We were finishing up our meal when one of the little children came up to us and showed us a picture she drew.  It was identical to what we had been giving out to the little children only hers was homemade.  Now it’s easy to say that she just copied it and wanted us to see her work, but this was more than that.  She made it because that’s what she wanted us to know…she wanted us to know that she loves us and Jesus loves us too.





As I reflect on how blessed I was to see that picture, it made me realize how children really are a blessing from God.  Their big smiles.  Their bright eyes full of hopes and dreams.  Big smiles and bright eyes that I saw on that little girt who made the picture.  Big smiles and bright eyes I saw on the children at the Moriah home as we played Frisbee together and got to know one another in goofy ways.  Big smiles and bright eyes that really shouldn’t be there when you think about it.





You see, the children at the Moriah home are there because they have lost one parent or both parents.  They are there  because of loss, pain, and sadness.  Yet at that place, they smile…they have hopes…they have dreams…and it’s all because they have Jesus.

And that’s why I would say that not only are children blessings from God, but they also are ways by which God reveals his blessings to us.  I went there to be a blessing with the message of “Jesus loves you and so do we.  Little did I know that I would be blessed by the same message through the smile and the eyes of a little child.

While I look forward to coming home to see my own children and their smiles…their eyes, I don’t think I’ll be able to forget the eyes and the smile of that little girl  and more than just those eyes and that smile, but also the message she shared with me:

Jesus Loves You and So Do We!



Jill Mettler

No comments:

Post a Comment